Monday 23 June 2014

If Credit Cards Were People

My indoor soccer family
L-R Ameera, Jess, myself, Gabe (in front), Will (behind), Josh and Sam

I must apologise as last week was eventful and jam-packed, hence no blog. Unfortunately the week commenced with a vicious game of indoor soccer that saw an opponent stampede on my toe like an elephant. The next day I decided to quit my job and in celebration, book a trip to Thailand that coincided with my friend, Marybeth’s. I also did some casual work at a conference organised by a company I aspire to work for and spent an intensive couple of days working as an floor runner on my mangled toe. By Thursday, I needed to rest in fear that my mangled toe would fall off. Luckily it is still in tact and awaiting results from an X-ray.

You can bet this is where I'll be spending most my time in Thailand
… and you can bet I am well prepared for it!

So that was my week, jam packed and eventful. I am, of course looking forward to new beginnings, my Thailand vacay with Marybeth and her friend, Katie and plan to blog about our adventures, which commence next week. I have also decided to travel with the same mentality and spontaneity I had when booking this trip, which I am sure my credit card will be ecstatic about! 8D
(… jokes.)



Speaking of credit cards, Thailand and my current financial state of funemployment, it has got me thinking about a ‘what if’. What if credit cards were people?

Firstly how annoying would they be constantly telling you what you can and cannot do. Always irritatingly questioning if you’re in an eligible financial state to regularly indulge in such social outings as brunch or drunken nights out with friends. Also being in your ear asking if you should be spending money you don’t have on things you don’t need. Or the one I find most infuriating, when they act as a negative hindrance when deciding whether or not to take action, such as planning an overseas getaway.

For people in the same situation as me, I say stick it to these negative influences! As much as it pains you to hear, you only live once, so you may as well grab opportunities by the balls and take them. After all you may not get same opportunity twice, so why risk it saying ‘no’?



I believe you should always do more of what makes you happy in life. Even if it means quitting your job that impacts negatively on your wellbeing, which in turn means being unemployed or being in a temporary state of financial instability.

I believe everyone has the power to achieve and make things works as long as you believe, remain optimistic and positive. Unfortunately as soon as you start believing your self-doubt and insecurities, that is when all things go to shit, so remain positive by surrounding yourself with likeminded people who inspire and bring out the best in you and do more of what makes you happy.

You are your number one, so look after yourself and be happy J

#BeyoncéWouldBeProud x


No comments: