Monday 27 April 2015

Monday Morning Music Get-ups #3

1. “Uptown Funk” - Mark Ronson ft. Bruno Mars


An obligatory party hit, much like “Happy” by Pharrell Williams. I’ve been a massive fan of Mark Ronson since his album, ‘Version’ dropped. This man can do no wrong and as far as I am concerned, he is only one Jewish man I would ever want to be with … Unfortunately he is married (too bad for him).


2.  “Make me Proud” – Drake ft. Nicki Minaj

 
I used to fancy Drake, but Madonna ruined whatever romantic/sexual daydream I had of him after she stuck her medusa-like tongue down his throatHowever this song always gets me positively fired up in the mornings. It’s a great beat with Drake repetitively congratulating powerful, strong, boss ass bitches out there (and Nicki Minaj positively reinforcing that), expressing how proud he is of them. A true feminist you are, Drake! #PussyPower


3. “Real Love”/ “Stronger” or anything by – Clean Bandit

I have a strong penchant for big bands, big voices, big sounds, big everything and goddamn, Clean Bandit know exactly what they are doing, every time! There is always so much feeling behind each and every one of their songs, as their music truly exerts the positive energy they’re (successfully) trying to convey. Click here to watch their latest single, "Stronger"


4. “Goldie” – A$AP Rocky

Sick tune, sick beat, sick rhythm, mixed with a catchy hook and A$AP Rocky’s rap vocals. Makes me want to get out my gold chains out, put my grillz and flat cap and get dancin’.


5. “Lose Control” – Missy Elliot ft. Ciara & Fat Man Scoop

An oldie but a goodie (link to Ciara). If you can get through this catchy song without busting out the lyrics or dancing, then you must be a heartless alien.


>>> What music or songs gets you up in the mornings?


x Leah Tortilla

#BeyoncéWouldBeProud

#SharingMusic

No comments: